• World War II in Color

    The Hollywood Canteen


    The Hollywood Canteen operated at 1451 Cahuenga Boulevard in Hollywod, California between October 3, 1942, and November 22, 1945, as a club offering food, dancing and entertainment for servicemen, usually on their way overseas. Even though the majority of visitors were U.S servicemen, the canteen was open to servicemen of allied countries as well as women in all branches of service. A serviceman's ticket for admission was his uniform and everything at the canteen was free of charge.

    A Hollywood Canteen ID card


    A postcard from the Hollywood Canteen



    0 comments:

    Post a Comment